Sunday, July 14, 2019

Day 6: Leesburg, VA (Rest Day)

Date:                     July 14, 2019
Distance:               0
Average Speed:     N/A
Maximum Speed:   N/A
Feet Climbed:       0
Day Trip:               None

It's Di - I'm back in the saddle. Well, not literally - yet!  As you know, yesterday was a bad day for me, but today was a much better day. Who knew low soduim could make you feel so bad. As Steve said in the previous blog, we will take tomorrow off as well (doctor's orders).  Something Steve didn't write was that earlier in the day as we were riding, he had me offload at least 10 lbs from my bags to put in his to carry.  I was so very grateful. If I had to do it all over again, I would have given him 20 lbs.  All kidding aside, my main squeeze was by my side for every minute of the day :)  Tomorrow night we are staying in Harper's Ferry - Stonehouse Inn; luckily it has a shuttle service so they will be picking us up in the morning.  

Today was a rest day watching Federer and Djokovic play their hearts out, and the 8th stage of the tour. We also lounged around and rested, and played a little cribbage too. I woke up hungry, which was a good sign.  Slowly and throughout the day, I consumed protein, Gatorade and salty foods, as per the doctor.   


She's alive!
Steve ordered a bacon and mash potato omelette.  I ordered a western omelette.

Breakfast complementary with room

After the tennis match and the tour, Steve and I went out exploring the town.  I walked on the shaded sidewalk only and was incognito as well.


Found a friend

Its a Sunday
We found this unique cafe called Shoe's Cup and Cork.  It was an old shoe repair shop.  We liked it there so much, we decided to stay for dinner.  I had a chicken Cesar salad and Steve a chicken panini sandwich.

Cool place - temp and style

No people to watch on a Sunday
French fries and pickles

It had outside boccie

This is how you access the Secret Garden from the street
Shady and beautiful

More coffee
Potato chips and Gatorade - doctor's orders.

Salty and tasty
Cribbage. After taking the lead from the beginning - basically on my first hand, I only lost the lead and the game in the final hand to the incredible cards Steve pulled with a score of 21.  All I needed was 7 to win.  I dealt myself a stiff hand and scored only 4.  And I had the crib hand too!  Rats - not fair.  I'm still sick!

Triple 8s - how?

We will be taking a shuttle to Harper's Ferry tomorrow.  It will be another rest day for us!

2 comments:

  1. 7, 8, 8, 8 and he flips a 6!? What a hand! Glad to hear you're feeling better Di. I've always wondered what it would take to be prescribed a potato chip diet. I can't figure out how to post a comment on my phone, so I've only been posting while I'm at work. How are we five years into the blog and the comments are STILL a problem? Some things will never change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late to the party, but agree with Jen--I can only post on my computer at work (first day I tried to post a comment FIVE times on my phone with no success).

    ReplyDelete